There is so much to learn when you are getting behind the wheel.
Here are a few helpful tips and one of a few videos we have made to help you get started on the RIGHT WAY to drive.
We know you will get a lot of advice from Mom & Dad, and YouTube is loaded with videos… some of which are pretty good.
When starting to drive, please know this: Check your attitude at the door.
Your frame of mind makes all the difference between good and bad driving.
TIPS to start your driving career.
- Be Calm, Breathe and Check your surroundings.
- If your parents or driving instructor make you nervous, tell them. If they yell or speak harshly, get another teacher.
- Follow the same procedure each time you get behind the wheel: build good habits.
- Check the tires for flats or damage.
- Buckle up and think through where you are going and what route you will take.
- Check lights, head-check all directions for traffic & pedestrians.
- Signal before moving.
- Enter traffic at correct speed and distance.
Video: Starting to Drive
Sarah Lee Marks is MyCarlady. She has over 25+ years of experience.
She writes about cars, and is a staunch consumer advocate on car related subjects.
MyCarlady offers free car buying advice, SMARTeen Driver teen driver and CAR-EDU auto safety and car care clinics and private, auto-related services to help you maintain your personal or commercial vehicles.
Contact Sarah Lee for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org Join the MyCarlady newsletter to be kept up-to-date on this and other important car information.